Jones Family

Jones Family
November 2009

Monday, November 23, 2009

The wonder of sheets

I was SO proud of myself. After cleaning the hotel room from top to bottom last night, I was still so anxious when we got back from Children's this afternoon. After work this evening, I had a brilliant idea! I promptly called for a sheet set from the front desk. SCORE! The flat sheet made a PERFECT cover for the sofa and the fitted sheet over the chair - yea! That way Brayden wasn't isolated to the bed or the chair at the table. SO much better!

Brayden was bummed to learn last night he had a spinal sedation with chemo this morning along with the Ara-C. We were so glad it went well. Seeing him come out of sedation is still so unnerving. It's so much better to see his bright, blue eyes and his funny chatter. Thankfully, he'll have a break from spinal LP's for a bit.

Tomorrow Brayden will have another dose of Ara-C, then we'll go to meet with the group who will administer his 8 fractions of Radiation. We've been thankful to hear some details from another mom. It can be a little scary, so we're hoping and praying we can stay calm for Brayden and this won't be traumatic for him. Basically we've been told he'll be fitted for a plaster mask to make a mold of his head. This will be used when he gets radiation to screw the head piece (once on him) onto the table to ensure the radiation stays pin-pointed to the right spot in his brain to treat those Leukemia cells present at diagnosis. Yikes. Just the process of making the plaster mold and the screwing in of the head piece is almost more than I can bear at this point. I know tomorrow is a big first step to acclimating Brayden and I hope it goes well.

Thankfully, I've been so amazed at how Brayden is continuing to do well. He was a little pale, but thankfully his bloodwork looked okay. His counts have dropped again, but he's got a little room still. We were warned next week won't be fun. After not eating due to his procedure, he was eager to have breakfast when we returned to the hotel. I'm just stunned he's eating healthfully and not having the nausea like last time. Smells would send him over the edge before and it was so hard to see him go through all that he endured. We're just praying this trend continues. One more day down - one more day closer to completion of this nasty round!

3 comments:

  1. Missing you more than words can possibly say, my sweet Bray! Just know that Nini is thinking about you practically non-stop. My entire day is filled with thoughts of you & wondering how you are & what you're doing. Please ask Mommy to give you a hug & kissy from Nini & then would you please give her one from me too? Hershey sends her love too! I can't wait to hear you laugh about Hershey's post here on your blog the next time we talk. Luv you oodles & oodles,

    ReplyDelete
  2. In spite of it all you still sound upbeat. One day down...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa - It's Ken with CROSSMARK... I am home all week in Bella Vista and wanted to know if you guys needed ANYTHING... just let me know! 479-381-3789 or ken.drish@crossmark.com.

    ReplyDelete